Small online groupsFebruary 21, 2022 2022-11-24 20:50
Small online groups
Small online groups
Maybe you’re just starting out, or you might be shy. Either way, small online groups are an available option for Greek and/or Latin courses. For example, learning with eGreek4all will not only help you learn the language but also understand the etymology of how they created the English language, as these are the original languages.
That’s why our tutors are more than just there to help you speak the language but also to understand the underlying linguistic structure of many languages.
We take an iterative approach to our learning, while at the same time, our tutors are able to gauge the overall level of the online classes and adjust the content and difficulty as needed. In addition, you’ll be able to work with others who are willing to learn and have people to learn and practice with outside the class. This gives you an opportunity to expand your learning continuously with others.
We keep it small versus a larger lecture-style class because we want to empower the students to form this cohesive group. Also, language is best learned when you use it, and larger classroom settings don’t always give a chance for everyone to be able to speak and work on their language skills.
Language is something that needs to be continuously used to master, and the more people you have to practice the language with, the easier your path to total fluency. The cultural element can also be shared with your fellow online classmates, whether it’s discussing ancient mythical literature or any type of local customs or experiences. All of this is part of the fun that can happen when you’re doing online group sessions. There’s no sacrifice to comfort because you’re still able to do it exactly where you want to, whether at home or already on some tropical paradise between suntanning and swimming.
Why Small online groups may be right for you:
• Things are sometimes more fun in a group setting. Learning a language is no different. The interactions are more varied, and you’ll be able to observe instead of always being in the spotlight. This helps to give you a pause when needed or when you have an off day, and your fellow students can handle the heavy lifting part of speaking while you’re still doing active listening.
• You’re not alone. You’re able to connect with a wide variety of people anywhere in the world that already shares similar interests. They can become new friends and be part of your support group to learn the language continuously.
• Online group classes offer flexibility, so there’s no panic when you need to reschedule if you need to handle something. The commitment comes from your side, and there’ll be plenty of material and additional support that will help you catch up and get back on track. These online language courses are meant to work around your schedule, no matter how hectic it can get.
• A group setting helps with learning by keeping you motivated through observation and interaction. For example, you can hear different accents and work on refining and eliminating any accent with this continuous interaction and usage of the language.
• Since everything is done online, you can always revisit material if you missed a class or two and learn the language at your comfortable pace. Also, since you’re part of a small online group of students, you can always ask your fellow students if they have any time to practice the new material.
• You can also set up the group learning with people you already know, such as family or close friends. This method is a way to maintain interaction and closeness with loved ones from the comfort of your own home. It can be a group effort whether you’re planning on going on a trip together or feel that you will enhance the learning experience and bond because you already know who your fellow classmates will be.